Tours return Thursday, May 4th!
Use the form below to schedule your today.
The Turmoil of Transition: The mid-Nineteenth Century at Cliveden
Enter Cliveden as it was in the mid-nineteenth - a household and a country in turmoil. This period of tension explores household dynamics, substance abuse and violence, exacerbated by societal shifts of the mid-19th century and still relevant.
Tours are available Thursdays through Sundays, 12pm to 4pm, beginning Thursday, May 4th. Tours begin on the hour, with the last tour of the day at 3pm. To schedule a tour, use the form below. Visitors are required to wear masks during tours.
Friends of Cliveden Members: Free
Children 6 Years & Younger: Free
- Please meet in front of the Carriage House to begin the tour.
- Groups are welcome to eat lunch outside on the grounds. Please be sure that all trash is thrown away.
- Please do not climb on the trees.
- All visitors must wear masks while on tours and on Cliveden’s grounds. Practice physical distancing of six feet or more when interacting with those outside of your household.
- Please stay home if you are not feeling well or have come into contact with someone who is sick. Wash your hands and follow CDC guidance on personal hygiene before you visit.
- Help yourself to Cliveden’s scavenger hunts, bingo cards and other information to learn more about history of the site and community.
- Dogs are welcome on Cliveden's grounds! All dogs must be leashed and please clean up after them.
Questions about tours?
Contact our office at 215-848-3680 or use the form below for any questions about our tours.